Making Democracy Work
The League of Women Voters is a nonpartisan political organization
encouraging informed and active participation in government.
It influences public policy through education and advocacy.
Elections 2017 - Tuesday November 11
Register by October 11
There will be scattered elections throughout Bay County and voters in Midland's Meridian School district will vote on a bond proposal Meridian School Bond on Tuesday Nov. 7.
Are you registered to vote? It's not hard. Look to <a href ="http://www.michigan.gov/sos/0,1607,7-127-1633_8716_8726_47669-175878--,00.html">steps in registering to vote for full information and registration applications. This site will also point you to the <a href ="https://webapps.sos.state.mi.us/MVIC/">Michigan Voter Information Center, where you can verify your registration and check if you are not sure you're registered.
You can also register to vote at any Secretary of State office, your county clerk's office, city or township clerk's office. Full information for Midland County voters may be found at: the Midland County website. Click on "Residents". Then click on "Voter Registration".
Important: you must be registered to vote 30 days before the election (28 days this year to avoid the weekend). October 10 is the last day to register this year!
10am - 3pm at Midland Mall
Stop by our booth for information about the Meridian school bond election, Bay City & Bay County elections, VOTE411, Your Elected Officials and our website. And CANDY!
Meet, Greet, Learn & Volunteer
Oct 17, 7-8pm
All Members - new and "experienced"
Please join us for a Meet & Greet, and to find out what your League has planned this year and how you can contribute.
Reservations required: email Judy Donahue (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Sharron Such (email@example.com).
Calendar of Events Learn More
- Meetings and Events of Interest to the League and the Public
League Programs and Voter Information Learn More
- upcoming League programs; Vote 411
Get Involved Learn More
- Steps you can take to get involved to influence your government.
Welcome Bay County Geographical Unit! Learn More
- Bay County begins a geographical unit of the LWV
About the League Learn More
- What is our mission? How are we structured?
Your Elected Officials Learn More
- Find your elected officials at the national, state and local level.
Useful Links Learn More
- Links to government and related sites
The Midland Voter Newsletter Learn More
- The electronic Voter Newsletter is replacing The Midland Voter. It will be published after each monthly board meeting. Contact this website to subscribe.
Local League Position Statements Learn More
- Local League positions adopted after study and consensus.
Resources for Study and Consensus Learn More
- Papers and links for resources related to current programs
Advocacy Learn More
- Action based on League Positions
Great Decisions Learn More
- The Great Decisions program is a series of discussions on current international issues based on materials from the Foreign Policy Association.
2017-2018 Board Members, meetings Learn More
- Board Members and Meeting Schedule
Join the League Learn More
- Why and how can you join our grassroots organization?
Contact Us Learn More
- ...for more information.
Our original website was created in 1998 with gifts made in memory of Mary Dee Rieke, a founding member of the LWV of the Midland Area, our second president, and an active participant in League throughout her life. We remember her with gratitude.