Making Democracy Work
The League of Women Voters is a nonpartisan political organization encouraging informed and active participation in government. It influences public policy through education and advocacy.
LWV Position on Gun Control
Promote the Vote!
The Michigan League of Women Voters supports and is circulating petitions for a constitutional amendment, Promote the Vote to provide election reform. The LWVMI web page also has information pertinent to the League's role in this effort.
We will decide ballot issues as well as candidates at the voting booth this November. Petitions for at least eight measures are being circulated and many will garner enough signatures to earn their place on the ballot. The Bridge has information on all of the ballot issues in process.
2018 Great Decision topics are now on our website
Are you Registered to Vote?
It's not hard. Go to Michigan.gov/vote and click on "Register to Vote" to see steps in registering to vote and for registration applications.
You can also register to vote at any Secretary of State office, your county clerk's office, city or township clerk's office. Full information for Midland County voters may be found at: the Midland County website. Click on "Residents". Then click on "Voter Registration".
Calendar of Events Learn More
- Meetings and Events of Interest to the League and the Public
timely league issues Learn More
- gun violence,redistricting, schools,great lakes
2018 Voting information Learn More
- understanding ballot issues
Get Involved Learn More
- Steps you can take to get involved to influence your government.
Welcome Bay County Geographical Unit! Learn More
- Bay County begins a geographical unit of the LWV
About the League Learn More
- What is our mission? How are we structured?
Your Elected Officials Learn More
- Find your elected officials at the national, state and local level.
Useful Links Learn More
- Links to government and related sites
The Midland Voter Newsletter Learn More
- The VOTER newsletter is published monthly. All members should receive this in their email. If you do not receive it, please contact Katherine Redwine
Local League Position Statements Learn More
- Local League positions adopted after study and consensus.
Resources for Study Learn More
- Papers and links for resources related to current programs
Advocacy Learn More
- Action based on League Positions
Great Decisions Learn More
- The Great Decisions program is a series of discussions on current international issues based on materials from the Foreign Policy Association.
2017-2018 Board Members, meetings Learn More
- Board Members and Meeting Schedule
Join the League Learn More
- Why and how can you join our grassroots organization?
Contact Us Learn More
- ...for more information.
Our original website was created in 1998 with gifts made in memory of Mary Dee Rieke, a founding member of the LWV of the Midland Area, our second president, and an active participant in League throughout her life. We remember her with gratitude.